Gaia Sky 3.5.0-RC3
- add support for texture arrays in particle sets. Particle sets can now define a group of texture files that will be applied to the particles at random.
- activate v-sync by default during welcome and loading GUI (not in VR). Use busy wait to lock to the perfect target FPS, when active.
- add maximum allowed distance as a hard limit, set at 50 Gpc, roughly twice the size of the observable universe.
- top info interface date and time elements are clickable, and display the date/time edit dialog.
- billboard set texture array uniform setting.
- pixel-perfect interaction in VR menus. Surface normal was being transformed with a matrix that contained a translation instead of only using rotations.
- properly scale particle set particles in VR.
- proper motions in VR mode.
- interactive load of JSON datasets that contain objects with 3D models blocks main thread.
- guard in
getLineObject() calls with a timeout does not use the time out. Fixes #711.
- scale orbit element particles for VR, readjust size limits.
- rename all math utilities converted from single to double precision from [name]d to [name]Double.
- update build file tasks to latest gradle syntax recommendations.
- update oshi-core from 5.8.7 to 6.4.1.
- remove commons-math3 dependency by implementing own interpolator.
- update STIL from 4.0.+ to 4.1.+, and Jackson from 2.13.2 to 2.15.+.
- remove dependency on commons-imaging library for monochrome to RGB conversions.
- update JCommander from 1.81 to 1.82; upgrade slf4j-nop from 1.7.+ to 2.0.+.
- remove JPEG-XL support via external library (vavi-image), better wait for official support in Java Image I/O.
- upgrade LWJGL version from 3.3.1 to 3.3.2.
- add package descriptions to all packages except for the
- update style with new hard wrap length and new wrapping rules for function signature parameters.