Gaia Sky documentation
These are the official documentation pages of Gaia Sky. Find below the contents table to navigate around.
Visit our home page
Download Gaia Sky
Submit a bug or a feature request
Follow development news at @GaiaSky_Dev
Gaia Sky is described in the paper Gaia Sky: Navigating the Gaia Catalog.
- System Folders
- Run instructions
- Usage, data and options
- Settings and configuration
- The configuration file
- Graphics configuration
- Dataset manager and selection
- Control panel
- Camera modes
- Cinematic camera
- Stereoscopic (3D) mode
- Planetarium mode
- Panorama mode
- External views
- Connecting Gaia Sky instances
- Capturing videos
- Taking screenshots
- SAMP integration
- Additional information
- Graphics performance
- Internal reference system
- Data: catalogues and formats
- Data streaming: Levels of detail
- Gaia Sky VR
- Tutorials and workshops
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What is the base-data package?
- Q: Why do you have two different download pages?
- Q: Why so many Gaia-DR catalogs?
- Q: Gaia Sky crashes at start-up, what to do?
- Q: I’m running out of memory, what to do?
- Q: I can’t see the elevation data on Earth or other planets!
- Q: What is the internal reference system used in Gaia Sky?
- Q: Can I contribute?
- Q: I like Gaia Sky so much, can I donate to contribute to the project?